Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rent is increased by 25% recently query

Options
  • 21-01-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My rent is increased by 25% recently.

1) I got a call on 19th January from property agent asking if i agree to rent review they sent in letter on 22nd Dec.
    2) I didnt get the letter.
    3) My property agent is saying they put the letter of rent review by hand in my post box on 22nd dec evening.
    According to them letter was dated 22nd December and signed.
    4) They are going to send the letter again to me in post. in the mean while i asked them to send in the email as well to see details.
    5) In the email, besides the letter template, they also sent a photo taken with envelope in hand infront of post box.
    6) I asked should they not increase by 4% with new law. They said, rent was reviewed and letter handed over on 22nd according to old law.
    7) they have given me 3 other property rent as reference to show my rent is not more then those.
    8) note that my rent was not reviewed for last 2 years as well. it was increased on 8 september 2014 last time.
    9) last time my lease was renewed from 9th sept. 2014 to 8th september 2015. from that point, I was never asked by proprety agent to sign a new lease.

I see that new law became effective on 24th december. In above scenario, do I have any option or just will end up paying 25% more rent as they delivered letter by hand themselves on 22nd dec although I didnt get it.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement