Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of phone without wifi?

Options
  • 21-01-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi on a night out I got locked out of my phone after forgetting the password and kept typing the wrong one in.

It's a htc one s on 4.1.1. It's rooted and bootloader unlocked. Wifi debugging is switched of. It's a stock image.

The wifi and mobile data are switched off so it can't verify my gmail account it's associated with.

I mainly want to recover texts and pictures and songs off it, which are located on the internal storage. I saw somewhere that it you flash the stock rom on top without wiping anything that it might work, but might send it into a boot loop.

Does anyone have any ideas? Would ringing Vodafone be any use?

Comments

josha1 wrote: »
    Hi on a night out I got locked out of my phone after forgetting the password and kept typing the wrong one in.

It's a htc one s on 4.1.1. It's rooted and bootloader unlocked. Wifi debugging is switched of. It's a stock image.

The wifi and mobile data are switched off so it can't verify my gmail account it's associated with.

I mainly want to recover texts and pictures and songs off it, which are located on the internal storage. I saw somewhere that it you flash the stock rom on top without wiping anything that it might work, but might send it into a boot loop.

Does anyone have any ideas? Would ringing Vodafone be any use?

No use to you now, but you should have all that stuff you want to recover on the cloud....it's 2017.

What happens when you connect to a PC? Nothing? When you say WiFi debugging is off, you mean USB/adb debugging?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭josha1

Basil3 wrote: »
    No use to you now, but you should have all that stuff you want to recover on the cloud....it's 2017.

What happens when you connect to a PC? Nothing? When you say WiFi debugging is off, you mean USB/adb debugging?
    Yes USB debugging.

I found a way to do it from twrp thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

josha1 wrote: »
    I found a way to do it from twrp thanks anyway!

Please share as it may help someone else in the future.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Please share as it may help someone else in the future.
    Ok so my phone had twrp since it was rooted years ago, it may be possible to install a recovery but you'll have to check that yourself.

1.Download and Copy Aroma File manager.zip (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2620456) to your memory card.

2. Open your recovery (press volume Down + Power button or it can be different according to the phones. Google for you pattern there are lots)

3. There’ll be an option in recovery called “mount”. Go in that option and then mount all the cache and everything it is there.

4. Then select “update” and select “apply update from SD/external” and select aroma file manger.zip file that you downloaded using above QR code above.

5. After Flashing or updating, the aroma file manger will open. Use volume keys for up/down and power button 2 select like you use to get into recovery.

6. In aroma File manager , Go to menu , which is located in bottom strip and then select Settings.

7. Go to bottom n select “mount all partition in startup ” then exit from aroma file manger.

8. Now after exit , re-update that aroma file again and it will open again.

9. Go to data >> and then System.
    Then find ‘gesture.key’ (for pattern lock) and ’password.key’ (for password lock) then long touch on gesture.key or password.key and sum option will be prompted , choose delete and delete that file and restart.

I didn't have an sd card in my phone but was able to copy it to the internal storage, since on some phones the internal storage counts as an sd card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Could you not just have used the PUK for your network provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

No, the PUK is for unlocking the SIM only.

Advertisement