Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics still there.....

Options
  • 21-01-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

My wife's android phone told her the memory thingy was nearly full, so I transferred her 18 million pics to my laptop, and ticked the 'delete after transfer' box.
    Now the phone no longer shows the memory nearly full message, and the pics are on the laptop.
    Having said that, all the pics are still coming up on the phone as well....how's that if I ticked the delete box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tony glenn wrote: »
    My wife's android phone told her the memory thingy was nearly full, so I transferred her 18 million pics to my laptop, and ticked the 'delete after transfer' box.
    Now the phone no longer shows the memory nearly full message, and the pics are on the laptop.
    Having said that, all the pics are still coming up on the phone as well....how's that if I ticked the delete box?

Presumably they are now still in the cloud, what is on the phone now is just a thumbnail image of the photos until she downloads them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Sorry, we're non-tekkies. Could you explain in more detail?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

tony glenn wrote: »
    Sorry, we're non-tekkies. Could you explain in more detail?

When you take a picture with your phone it can exist on your phone and in the cloud (internet storage associated with your account which is standard on google). When you delete it from your phone, it still exists in your internet cloud storage which can be seen as default from your phone as well, but the picture does not physically reside on your phone as a full sized image anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

5starpool wrote: »
    When you take a picture with your phone it can exist on your phone and in the cloud (internet storage associated with your account which is standard on google). When you delete it from your phone, it still exists in your internet cloud storage which can be seen as default from your phone as well, but the picture does not physically reside on your phone as a full sized image anymore.

Many thanks, info much appreciated!

Advertisement