Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint dreamcast/any console advice

Options
  • 20-01-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

As you might know, my nifty dreamcast died on me last night so I have another one coming next week. I did a spraypaint job on my old dreamcast and I liked it but it was a lazy job and looks kinda off, was black and silver and did the job, but doesn't have that awesome shine cool look some people do when painting NES what have you.

With the 'new' system is like to give the new shell a go, but properly this time, maybe an awesome dark red and black. What paints and clear coats would you recommend? Sanding it as I go? Would be doing the controller also.

And, side question, how do I remove the black and silver from my other dreamcast Shell? Would I be able to seep it in something or do I have to sand it off?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get Hitler to give you a hand:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

In work ATM so can't watch. Who's this guy?

Edit: never mind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

And, side question, how do I remove the black and silver from my other dreamcast Shell? Would I be able to seep it in something or do I have to sand it off?

If you are that stuck I'm sure I have a clean shell in the attic that you can have.

Advertisement