Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, Hidden speakers?

Options
  • 20-01-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Starting a new build next week.
    Planning all things media and more.

I am a big fan of having music in the house, but hate the sight of donkey over sized speakers, and dont want a terrible trebble sound, I like my bass.
    Planing a contemporary look house.

Would like to be able to lower volume per room, but also have the speakers hidden.

Ceiling speakers look dated imo, however open to correction.

I'll have TV in living room wall mounted with all wires directly fed behind it,
    Then use Cat6 cables to the Skybox, playstation, media center ect to the office room controlled via harmony remote.

Basically I have everything planned(for now) except how I'll set up speakers.

Need advice.
    Sonos is just another device I need to plug in, not gone on that.

Am i looking for a device that doesn't exist?

I think my best option is ceiling speakers even if they do look dated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

I wouldn't say ceiling speakers are dated, they are still very much alive and kicking.

They also come now with zero bezel and a magnetic grill and look almost flush to the ceiling.

Another option depending on how deep the pockets are is Art Speakers where the speaker is built into a framed picture of your favorite painting (no cheap)

Denon Heos Amps or the 4 zone Heos Drive is want you want if you are going the streaming route (ie. Spotify, Tunein Radio, etc.
    (this system requires good wifi signal throughout the home as its controlled via App and gives independent control over each zone)

If you are connecting sources like CD players, etc when a multi-room amplifier like Russound, Speakercraft, etc is what you need, they come with options of App control or in-wall keypads in each zone to control the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

I have a pre-wired house with surround sound in sitting room and 5 zone ceiling mount speakers wired back to office.

Still to get all the h/w for both set-ups.

For App controlled zones and inputs from music on a server+technics tuner, what is the best value (sound quality is secondary) unit out there.

Advertisement