Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Bulldog Breeder help

Options
  • 20-01-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Im looking to buy a french bulldog pup, any recommendation of a good breeder to buy from.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Here is the contact details for the French Bulldog Society, taken from ikc.ie:

French Bulldog Society Of Ireland

K Croarkin
    Palmerstown, Dublin 20
    Phone +535 (0) 87 7860157
    6pm – 9pm
    Email frenchbulldogsocietyofireland@gmail.com

You could get in touch with them to see if any of their members have any for sale, or litters being planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tamedartist

Thanks Rosie Joe,

I contacted him by email and no response. I did phone him and he said he would send a list but haven't heard back.

Was hoping someone might have some first hand experience or even tell me who to avoid.
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Celtic mist and Red Oak kennels were two of the kennels recommended to us. One is in Monaghan and one is in Wexford, can't remember which. I deleted the email with their contact details but if you google them you will find them. The one in the north currently has pups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I don't have any recommendations for a breeder just wanted to advise you to do plenty of research into the breed and which ever breeder you end up going for.

There's a thread only a few down from yours that talks about the multitude of problems that flat faced breeds have. They've been continually bred in the knowledge that they will have health problems, so much so that people now consider difficulty breathing to be a "normal" Frenchie thing. It's not normal at all. The flat face is a deformity that causes a multitude of health problems and to carry on breeding these deformed dogs seems incredibly irresponsible and selfish to me.

Please make sure you know what are letting yourself and the pup in for.

Advertisement