Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B593 Connection failed with error code 3254

Options
  • 20-01-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just woke up this morning notice red light on modem and this error code (Connection failed with error code 3254 ) when it is trying to connect is first time i had it , is it 3e coverage down or something else related ?

Edit: shows mode red light , in router page no signal can't connect error 3254 , however it gets signal if i switch from 4g to 3g light becomes green , but still doesn't connect to internet i am baffled ?

Someone help out

Ty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I would suggest contacting Eir (formerly 3e / eMobile) about this issue as it may be a mast outage. I had a similar issue a few months ago where for a few days I could not get a signal on my phone (Meteor) at my workplace. I contacted Meteor but they said there was no work being carried out, so they rebooted the cell tower covering my area. The signal came back for about 30 minutes and disappeared, so I contacted Meteor again and they scheduled a call-out and the signal was fine the next day I was in.

If you have another modem, MiFi, etc. handy, you can try your SIM in that to rule out a problem with your B593 router. If the SIM card snaps apart into nano/micro size pieces, you can also try it in an unlocked (or Eir) mobile phone to see if it gets a 4G signal and whether it connects to data.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭edgari0kas

found out what happen three blocked the card didn't know they can do that that sucks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Because you were using a phone sim in an MBB device?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭edgari0kas

it's working today i am confused , maybe used to much of data and was blcoked for few days or mast was down no idea strange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I'd put it down to an outage. Since this morning, the cell tower covering my home area has been out, so these can go down just like an unexpected power cut.

FNlMWb7.png

In this case, it seems like the complete cell tower lost power as I have no Meteor coverage either on my mobile. As for Vodafone, I think this screenshot says enough... ;)

kSLGu8X.png

With the Meteor SIM in the router, it picks up a weak 1 to 2 bar 2G signal with whatever distant GSM cell tower it's picking up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement