Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two document fees

Options
  • 19-01-2017 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Been with Liberty since I started driving 11 years ago. Recently changed car, and called to transfer insurance which was quick and seamless and quite reasonably priced. Unfortunately, when asked for the final value of the vehicle, I gave the wrong amount.

Called back two days later and changed the figure so that everything would be in order, and was told I'd have to pay the document fee again. Even when I asked for a supervisor, no joy - I'd be paying €60 for two letters and about ten sheets of paper to be sent to me.

A document fee at €30 is hideously expensive anyway, but I can stomach it once. But having to pay it twice over such a simple amendment is leaving a slightly sour taste in my mouth. 

How would I go about politely requesting that this be remedied?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi sdanseo, if you PM me your policy number I can have a look into this for you. Thanks Lisa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Any update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Lisa was generous enough to refund the second document fee :)

Confidence in Liberty restored. Hopefully be a decent renewal quote in a couple of month's time to keep it up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

sdanseo wrote: »
    Lisa was generous enough to refund the second document fee :)

Confidence in Liberty restored. Hopefully be a decent renewal quote in a couple of month's time to keep it up!
    Do'nt hold your breath. They will try and recover that fee a hundred fold.

Advertisement