Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviewer for internship hasn't got back to me, but has to other candidates

Options
  • 19-01-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had an interview the other day for a intern position for the next 6 months instead of college. I had a phone interview initially, where I got all questions bar 1 correct. I was invited for a second interview the next day. I went to that, and it wasn't an interview persay. The CEO just showed me the product, we talked about it, and he was askinig what the college expect me to get out of this internship, how much do I want to be paid, telling me it's possible to work from home, and they will sort me out with all the equipment.

I was presented well, we got on well, I was very interested in his product, and I was asking questions about how it's built, the number of clients, plans to scale ect. It went great and was so relaxed. It lasted for an hour. He said I would be contacted in the next day or 2, and it's 2 days ago now.

The worst thing is that two others from my class who also interviewed with him have received offers, while I'm sitting here going mad checking my email ever 2 minutes (Literally). I'm freaking out here, and going insane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

It is the end of the two days now, so contact them. it is normal protocol to do that when you have sent an application and interviewed somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It doesnt sound like youve been offered a place, they probably had allot of people apply. Maybe contact them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Call him, they may have forgot to ring you (it happens). There's no downside of ringing, if you weren't offered the job you will still just noto have thever job but at least you'll know for sure.

Advertisement