Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year QCA

Options
  • 19-01-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm a 1st year business student. I just got my 1st semester exam results back after doing terribly. My QCA is 1.16 (C1,C3,D2,F,F). After some calculations, it seems the highest i can attain for after this semester is 1.96. Is it just this figure that counts or is it only if my QCA over the 2 semesters is less than 2 that I have to repeat? Basically what I'm asking is this; am I screwed already or is there hope?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's your QCA after both semesters that counts as to whether you can progress or not.

You'll have to repeat the two F's in August, and can only fail a maximum of 2 more in Semester 2 or you'll have to repeat the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnonMunster

Thanks a million, you got back to me quicker than anyone in UL. Thought I was a college dropout there for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Can I ask did you get an email first to say you would have to repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnonMunster

Nope, I haven't received any e-mails about the results or repeats, just the usual good luck ones.

Advertisement