Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Caddy for 3.5" HDD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pcuser wrote: »
    I have portable HDD which got broken. I dismantled and connected the HDD to the pc and it is working fine.

That part thats broken is the part that connects the HDD to the power source. 1607p

Its a Western Digital 2TB HDD.

The price for the new board is about €50. Can I pop it in to a different enclosure and still use it? Can someone recommend an enclosure to use?

I was looking for something like this but im not sure if its what I need.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CiT-3-5-USB-3-0-SATA-Aluminium-HDD-Enclosure-Caddy-Black-/401035162248?hash=item5d5f8ef288:g:bXEAAOSwImRYd48R
    That enclosure you linked is what you need.

Your HDD is a standard SATA drive after all.

Any reason you won't just keep it in the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have that CIT enclosure myself got it off ebay as well. I use it with my Xbox One and I have had no problems with it at all.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That enclosure you linked is what you need.

Your HDD is a standard SATA drive after all.

Any reason you won't just keep it in the machine?

I have no need for it in the PC. I have a 1Tb and a 2TB in there. Its more convenience that anything. Also its kept in a separate part of the house. There 10 years worth of family pics and videos on it.

Thanks everyone for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

pcuser wrote: »
    I have no need for it in the PC. I have a 1Tb and a 2TB in there. Its more convenience that anything. Also its kept in a separate part of the house. There 10 years worth of family pics and videos on it.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I hope you have them backed up elsewhere ...... it could be the drive itself to go the next time.

• Advertisement

I have 3 back ups in the house and 1 at work in case of fire. I will have tolook in to backing them up online.

Advertisement