Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon uk return query

Options
  • 19-01-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I puchased a hi fi system from amazon warehouse uk and found it to be faulty, went online and clicked on return item and gave faulty reason and it generated my returns labels to post back at my own expense and I would be refunded a max of £9 towards post. I went to post it and low and behold it was €34 euro. As item was posted to my irish address can I use parcel motel to return instead? I thought amazon had free returns, I wouldn't have been as quick to buy had I known this.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

cowlick wrote: »
    I puchased a hi fi system from amazon warehouse uk and found it to be faulty, went online and clicked on return item and gave faulty reason and it generated my returns labels to post back at my own expense and I would be refunded a max of £9 towards post. I went to post it and low and behold it was €34 euro. As item was posted to my irish address can I use parcel motel to return instead? I thought amazon had free returns, I wouldn't have been as quick to buy had I known this.

Contact Amazon on the chat, explain the situation they will probably generate new pre-pay labels for you or agree to return the full postage, depending on the value of the item they might even give you a refund without returning the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

They have offered to reimburse the postage but just for future reference can I use parcel motel having only amazons returns labels and putting the extra parcel motel label on?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I'd doubt it, from my reading there on PM website, they will just get the package to the PO in the north. So unless its a prepaid label the PO probably wont that it.

Brexit is a real PITA!!

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

cowlick wrote: »
    They have offered to reimburse the postage but just for future reference can I use parcel motel having only amazons returns labels and putting the extra parcel motel label on?

If you mean paying the €14.50/€15.50/€16.50 for the Parcel Motel Send to UK service yes you can. I've returned two parcels to Amazon in the last fortnight using the Send to UK service.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

If you mean paying the €14.50/€15.50/€16.50 for the Parcel Motel Send to UK service yes you can. I've returned two parcels to Amazon in the last fortnight using the Send to UK service.

Yes that's exactly what I mean, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement