Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Job in the pharmaceutical sector when just graduated

• 19-01-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 Aliaclem

-- Please delete this message as I moved it in the work and jobs section, thank you --

Hey guys,

I wanted to have some advice regarding finding a job in the pharmaceutical sector. It's been few weeks that I am sending my cover letter and my resume to several companies or recruiters and each time I just receive the same answer : unfortunately, you don't have the required experience (usually the position requires 1 or 2 years experience). That's frustrating.

A bit of background though : I'm a Belgian just graduated with a MSc Degree in biochemistry and molecular biology. Even if my native language is French, I speak English with a pretty good level of proficiency as I have done an internship abroad. I moved in Dublin January the first (but I was already applying for a job few weeks before).

So my questions :

Where should I apply and for what kind of position ? I always try to find something as a QC Analyst or Microbiologist but so far, no positive answer...

Should I apply in another sectors (i.e. food industry) and I would be abble to shift to the pharmaceutical sector afterwards ?

I can't wait to finally start working and having a professional life but I don't know what's holding me back or maybe, I am not aware of something that I should do...

Any advice, guys ?

Cheers !

Advertisement