Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"TRT World" english language news channel

Options
  • 19-01-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

International news channel TRT World from Turkish Radio & Television Corporation has been currently broadcasting it's english language service on Astra 28.2 degrees east of late.

Some former Sky News presenters are appearing on the channel such as Martin Stanford on a programme called: "Insight" and David Foster who used work on the Business Desk at Sky News for a number of years. It's not yet officially on the Sky epg so; the channel would need to be manually added and viewed under the "Other Channels" menu. TRT World looks a more stable service in comparison to the ill-fated Arise News Now tv channel although; Arise News Now seems to still have updated news headlines on it's news ticker via it's website: www.arise.tv with closing 2017 end credits!

Satellite Frequency Parameters as per the below:

TRT World is currently testing on

11.479 V 22000 5/6

Channel Label ID: "50881"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

and so far its a great channel.
    In addition to the ex Sky News presenters you mentioned, Martin Stanford and David Foster, you can also add Tadhe Enright, and Lisa Aziz on TRT.
    Great station, and such a pity Martin Stanford and Sky parted ways. Such a talented and polished news man he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good to have another view on world events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I presume ex Sky News Business Editor, Michael Wilson jumped ship from Arise News Now as it's been quite a while since he last appeared on the channel albeit in it's latter days broadcasting on satellite tv. Up until recently, Arise News Now had people like ex-Sky News presenters, David Glencorse, Juliette Foster and former ITN News reporter John Cookson. Aljazeera english also had some former UK news presenters too over the years from the late David Frost, Stephen Cole, Darren Jordan, Felicity Barr etc;. I was surprised to catch former Welsh news anchor Kevin Owen turn up on Russia Today (RT) as I recall him presenting on BBC Wales Today all those years ago before later going on to Sky News.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

International news channel TRT World from Turkish Radio & Television Corporation has been currently broadcasting it's english language service on Astra 28.2 degrees east of late.

Some former Sky News presenters are appearing on the channel such as Martin Stanford on a programme called: "Insight" and David Foster who used work on the Business Desk at Sky News for a number of years. It's not yet officially on the Sky epg so; the channel would need to be manually added and viewed under the "Other Channels" menu. TRT World looks a more stable service in comparison to the ill-fated Arise News Now tv channel although; Arise News Now seems to still have updated news headlines on it's news ticker via it's website: www.arise.tv with closing 2017 end credits!

11.479 V 22000 5/6

It's been testing for about two weeks now. I've been watching it on and off and yes it is a good addition to the news section. I think it has been added to the Sky epg. Maybe someone can check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's been testing for about two weeks now. I've been watching it on and off and yes it is a good addition to the news section. I think it has been added to the Sky epg. Maybe someone can check that out.

Not on the Sky EPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

11.479 V 22000 5/6

In HD on Hotbird 13e. Started at the same time as 28e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I can remember watching the half hour news in English back when they were on Analog

Advertisement