Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 43LH590V Smart 43" LED TV, €389, Currys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I bought it a few weeks ago from power city for same price and I'm very happy with my purchase overall.

Few things:
    The sound is a lot better than my old TV but could still possibly do with buying a sound bar. I may do in the near future.
    Seen many complaints about the smart tv menu being slow but personally I find it pretty good. It's not the fastest in the world by any means but it's not horribly slow either.
    Picture qualty is perfect from the films I've played. Zero complains there.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me though is that stupid LG still don't play a lot of .AVI files. It's annoying and random as Fcuk. I could watch all of season 1 of x, but then season 2 won't play and it's the same format. Mind boggling.
    - That said, the TV does actually play x265 encoding which is fantastic considing neither of my two android boxes will play them so I've got new downloads to watch now :)

Anywho, like I said. Very happy overall with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I got the 570v version in Argos last week for €359.
    I'm no techie like Noxin appears to be so can't comment to that level on it.
    Plus I've just got a saorview aerial attached. But have watched some youtube on it etc. And hooked the laptop up to it via HDMI cable to watch sky go.

No issues. Sound is perfect for the room we have it in.
    Very light weight which makes it that bit handier to hang on a wall as we have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

No problems with LG TV's, I'd recommend them.
    I've a 46" (4K) and a 32" (high def).

Good picture, connects to my Wifi just fine to view NetFlix and it will browse my network NAS box for my films etc.

Not sure about the 32", but the 46" supports intel screen sharing, so I was able to project my laptop screen on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Noxin wrote: »
    I bought it a few weeks ago from power city for same price and I'm very happy with my purchase overall.

Few things:
    The sound is a lot better than my old TV but could still possibly do with buying a sound bar. I may do in the near future.
    Seen many complaints about the smart tv menu being slow but personally I find it pretty good. It's not the fastest in the world by any means but it's not horribly slow either.
    Picture qualty is perfect from the films I've played. Zero complains there.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me though is that stupid LG still don't play a lot of .AVI files. It's annoying and random as Fcuk. I could watch all of season 1 of x, but then season 2 won't play and it's the same format. Mind boggling.
    - That said, the TV does actually play x265 encoding which is fantastic considing neither of my two android boxes will play them so I've got new downloads to watch now :)

Anywho, like I said. Very happy overall with my purchase.

Why you still struggling with problems like that when you could easily just cast from a phone/tablet and bypass all that bollocks? I was having them issues about 5 or 6 years ago no reason to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Have that TV - overall happy with it but as mentioned above the sound isn't great (I'm not an audio-nazi by any measure) - certain pitches (I guess) causes the sound output to crackle or rattle. It can be a bit annoying.
    A soundbar would be a worthwhile investment though I did get the very nicely priced 50W Alba Sr-30 from Argos which was about €25 at the time - wouldn't work with this tv when connected via the headphone socket -would play for about 3 seconds then cut out.
    Can't say for sure whether that was the TV or the Soundbars fault - but I got a Philips (I think) and had no problem connecting via the same method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Etnies wrote: »
    Why you still struggling with problems like that when you could easily just cast from a phone/tablet and bypass all that bollocks? I was having them issues about 5 or 6 years ago no reason to now.

That's nice for you. OP wanted an opinion on the TV. I told him a feature that it's lacking. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe a bit late now OP but I bought this one a few weeks ago when it was down to €449:

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lg-43uh620v-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-43-led-tv/336971/397.0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭BandMember

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, much appreciated! :)

I suppose my main questions would be what the picture quality (would be mainly streaming) and sound quality (in general) would be like? I find with a lot of tv's these days you either get one or the other, very hard to find one that's good in both departments...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

No issues with the picture.
    The TV has a couple of settings that you can easily select from - 'standard' 'cinema' 'vivid' etc.
    My Netflix and Androind Box streaming at 720 or 1080p are both grand.
    The sound issue shouldn't be a deal-breaker IMO - 80% of the time the sound will be fine for day to day - but I'd still advise on getting a cheap-ish soundbar as backup and for movies.
    There is a noticeable difference with the soundbar - it sounds fuller, less of a "thin" sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Has anyone any ideas how to activate BBC iPlayer & ITV player on this TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭BandMember

TimMac wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas how to activate BBC iPlayer & ITV player on this TV?

I'm guessing that they are geolocked, as they usually are? So, a VPN or Smart DNS should do the trick?

Advertisement