Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Tree Yard (BBC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I started the book but couldn't get into it. Hopefully easier with the visual.

Some deluded fans believe there's a secret 4th episode of Sherlock being shown instead of Apple Tree Yard on Sunday night...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

I've recorded this to watch later. I don't know if anyone else is watching but just to point out that the final episode #4 is on tomorrow night at 9pm.

Episode #3 is on tonight of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

how did police catch Mark Costley so fast without any witnesses who saw him get in or out of car.
    How did they get reg of yvonnes car.
    What made them look at trainstation cctv footage.
    Police seem to be getting inside information from somebody,was Mark being followed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ninty wrote: »
    how did police catch Mark Costley so fast without any witnesses who saw him get in or out of car.
    How did they get reg of yvonnes car.
    What made them look at trainstation cctv footage.
    Police seem to be getting inside information from somebody,was Mark being followed?

I am hoping all of these questions will answered tonight. There was a real leap from her driving him to the train station and to her getting arrested in the restaurant. Surely this gap is part of the final reveal.

I have really enjoyed this mini series so far. There is a great sense of being embedded in her side of the story, inside her head as it were. Very well acted and produced all around. (IMHO)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow at the finale, Emily Watson outstanding as usual

Any word on if there is another series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭pavb2

The ending was a bit of an anti climax I thought we were going to have some complex MI 5 plot to do with genetic engineering and George was working undercover for two years.

Why did Mark have the bag with him when he got in and out of the car he didn't change clothes did he?

Emily WAtson & Ben were good he plays the menacing man with secrets so well as he did in Mad Dogs. The other characters were uninspiring and almost comical.

All in all a good journey but the outcome a bit mundane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭sporina

pavb2 wrote: »
    The ending was a bit of an anti climax I thought we were going to have some complex MI 5 plot to do with genetic engineering and George was working undercover for two years.

Why did Mark have the bag with him when he got in and out of the car he didn't change clothes did he?

Emily WAtson & Ben were good he plays the menacing man with secrets so well as he did in Mad Dogs. The other characters were uninspiring and almost comical.

All in all a good journey but the outcome a bit mundane.

i watched it this week - yeah the ending was an anti climax.. and I think it made Emily look really weak and stupid.. there was so much more they could have done - well i guess the series was made from a book - didn't know what..
    like we didn't get much background as to why she had the need to have the affair..
    He did change his clothes - they said that in court - but he forgot to change his shoes - thats how they found George's blood on the floor of her car.

Emily was great in it though..

the rape scene was horrific.. really horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is starting next Wednesday on RTE 1

Advertisement