Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android device solely for spotify

Options
  • 19-01-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

So I'm looking for as simple a device (phone or otherwise) that I could connect to a soundsystem as a jukebox. What do you guys recomend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The cheapest phone you can get tbh second hand or new.

Or have you considered the google cast for audio then use any phone as a remote to play spotify to it. That would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

What about just buying an Amazon Dot?

Voice controlled jukebox for £45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭niallb

I'd recommend the Amazon Echo Dot as well if you've already got a wired or bluetooth sound system.
    I have one and it works really well.

Spotify have a page called spotifygear where they list compatible devices.
    The cheapest after the dot is probably the Rocki. I noticed one on sale in adverts a few months back which might still be available.
    Chromecast audio are also often available at Cex stores for under twenty euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If you already have a phone or tablet with Spotify, cheapest and simplest solution is a Chromecast Audio (obviously apart from connecting the device directly to the audio in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I use a Nexus 7 tablet for this - there are a lot of tablets you'd get for under 100 euro, try to get a branded one though.

If you want a phone, I'd got a cheap Xiaomi

Advertisement