Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting mobile version of Facebook on my computer

Options
  • 18-01-2017 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

Recently I started using a VPN. It slowed my internet speed to a crawl so I used ccleaner to see if cleaning up some cookies and the cache would help.

Now when I visit Facebook I keep getting the mobile version. At least I think it's the mobile version. I've never owned a smartphone. It's not really noticeable until I send someone a message. Then it looks completely different to how it usually does.

At first I thought it was from using the VPN but now I'm almost certain ccleaner messed up my internet settings somehow and is making it look like I'm using a smartphone. It hasn't affected any other website. It's happening on every browser I have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have used CCleaner for years without issue.
    Did you change any of the CCleaner default settings?

This is what is should look like
    facebook-news-feed-new-design-7-630x354.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It turns out ccleaner hadn't done anything. Facebook changed how messenger looks at the exact same time I was using ccleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,533 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How do you get to Facebook, are you using the URL or a bookmark/link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I just type facebook.com into the address bar.

It turns out I was mistaken about my internet settings changing. Facebook have changed how chat works.

Advertisement