Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can cats catch human colds?

Options
  • 17-01-2017 10:37pm

Google has been contradictory on the subject! I rarely get sick but last week I was floored with a cold that came out of hottest hell. I'm still a bit weak and coughing a lot. Tonight I noticed one of my cats coughing too. She's absolutely fine otherwise, playing and eating as normal. I am curious though, can cats catch colds from us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭mistybluehills

budgese wrote: »
    Google has been contradictory on the subject! I rarely get sick but last week I was floored with a cold that came out of hottest hell. I'm still a bit weak and coughing a lot. Tonight I noticed one of my cats coughing too. She's absolutely fine otherwise, playing and eating as normal. I am curious though, can cats catch colds from us?
    No, human colds are caused by a different family of viruses.
    There is a bug that causes sore eyes in cats, I believe that humans, esp children can also get sore eyes/conjunctivitis from this bug.
    Only related type of illness I can think of in relation to your question

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

my brother sneezed on his now wifes cat years ago, and ever since then the cat always sneezes when its near my brother..no one else. no word of a lie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

Google is a bad lad.

Advertisement