Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance entitlement?

Options
  • 17-01-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I will be starting first year as a mature student in D.I.T this September. I will qualify for BTEA so long as I am recieving social welfare?

If I work on a casual contract between now and september (say 2 days one week, 5 days the next week etc) where some weeks I will and some weeks wont recieve welfare payment, will I lose my entitlement to BTEA?

I've recieved two different answers, is there anyone that knows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

well they count up to 9 months for being on jobseekers to be entitled to the Back to education,

If your doing work they might work out that your earning enough not to qualify, same goes for the SUSI grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dazman.01

Yes, I've been receiving jobseekers allowance since October and working cash jobs.

That's what I'm worried about, I can't afford to miss out on BTEA for 4years.

I'm just wondering if I work on a casual contract then technically I would still be claiming jobseekers on record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I've spent all bar 3 months on welfare since April 2015.

Looking to get B.T.E.A this year if I get my course of choice.

Anyone here know can I work between now and the summer if I can find a job?

I read somewhere that if you've spent the majority of the previous year or something similar you may also qualify.

I've a medium sized family so income is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Best thing to do is ring them as the requirements change every year

Advertisement