Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in arm

Options
  • 17-01-2017 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi guys I've recently had pneumonia and just came out of hospital, I was getting IV antibiotics through a drip in my right arm at the crease in my elbow, it began to get sore when it was in almost 72hrs but was left in for another about 18hrs. After I got it taken out my arm was still sore and is still now, I can not straighten it or bend it and cannot lift with it, iv never had one in for so long so am wondering if this is normal r could it be infected, a nurse said it looked bad and gave me alcohol swabs, I'm still on antibiotics so depending on the infection I'm guessing it should kill it but its like the pain is at the bottom of my muscle
    Forgot to mention it was yesterday morning at around 7 o clock I got it removed, I don't no if this is right place to post this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitb1

Also hurts when I move my thumb and fingers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Go see a doctor you cant be given medical advice here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Sorry, medical advice is not permitted on boards, please talk to your doctor for help. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement