Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK car import dealer

Options
  • 17-01-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Has anyone used dealers who import used cars from UK and sell them in ireland (with warranty)? I found a website motorbroker.ie, which claims to do the same. Let me know about your experience or advice. Feel free to provide any pointers/suggestions.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.m6motors.ie but as you probably guess there will be extra costs having someone else sourcing for you.

This thread describes the process if you import by yourself
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057627507

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We bought a car from KC Car sales Duleek few years ago.
    He deals in U.K. Imports and advertises to source cars too.

We chose a car on his lot and it was perfect, he stood over warranty on one small issue but was very straight. Took a trade in at a fair rate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prateekjainaa

Thanks Biko, I am pretty new to ireland and dont want to mess up with documentation; so might prefer sourcing via some dealer. Hoping to get good value for my money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thanks Biko, I am pretty new to ireland and dont want to mess up with documentation; so might prefer sourcing via some dealer. Hoping to get good value for my money :)

I know someone in Dublin who does this full time. He'll source a car for you and bring it in. I've bought 2 from him already

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prateekjainaa

Please share his details.

• Advertisement

Please share his details.

Pm me for his details please
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1jcdub wrote: »
    I know someone in Dublin who does this full time. He'll source a car for you and bring it in. I've bought 2 from him already

What way it works?
    You say what you looking for, budget and he finds it? He takes money off you before he goes to get it?

How much he charges for this service?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What way it works?
    You say what you looking for, budget and he finds it? He takes money off you before he goes to get it?

How much he charges for this service?

Big question is what happens if you don't like the car when it appears in the flesh ??

_Brian wrote: »
    Big question is what happens if you don't like the car when it appears in the flesh ??

If you change your mind with good reason, poor condition etc he'll have no issue with you declining the car as he can usually sell it on and take whatever profit for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

biko wrote: »
    www.m6motors.ie but as you probably guess there will be extra costs having someone else sourcing for you.

This thread describes the process if you import by yourself
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057627507

I've used M6 Motors to source a 3 year old A4 for me back in 2013. They are a very professional outfit - Alan's a pure gent. I referred some of my friends here also who echo my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CiaraD99

I bought a Ford Focus from KC Car sales about 4 months ago, was very straight forward, the car is still running perfectly, very quick and easy to deal with in regards to finance. Very happy with the purchase. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't forget to mention your opening hours too Ciara. :D

Advertisement