Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 modern languages choice

Options
  • 17-01-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi,

would anybody know a secondary school in Dublin allowing to choose 2 modern languages subjects in secondary school ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dangerzone123

I know the majority of fee paying schools will allow for multiple language choices, but not sure about public schools.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many non-private girls' schools offer this. I know the one I went to 40 years ago did and does.

The bigger the school, the more chance of offering a range of subjects. Look for schools of more than 700 pupils.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

spurious wrote: »
    Many non-private girls' schools offer this. I know the one I went to 40 years ago did and does.

The bigger the school, the more chance of offering a range of subjects. Look for schools of more than 700 pupils.

Thanks, I found many schools with 2 or even 3 languages available, but students can only choose one. Do u mind me asking which school u went to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LC2017

Institute of Education (fee paying), you can do 3 modern languages if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

My school (not particularly high-ranking) allow this. I would have thought it was the norm!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

My school (not particularly high-ranking) allow this. I would have thought it was the norm!

You could do multiple languages in my school up to the Junior Cert but all the languages are on at the same time on the 5th and 6th year timetables so it's not possible for Leaving Cert in my school.

Advertisement