Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good car valet carlow town?

Options
  • 17-01-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good reasonable car valet service in town. One of the kids got sick in the car & I can't get rid of the smell 😧
    Thanks D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Denis, can't recommend a valet personally but have seen munnellys out by the college recommended here a few times in the past.

We had this issue in the past and found spreading baking soda on it asap, leaving for a few hours and then hoovering it up worked to get the smell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Hi Denis,

You could also try the valet which is in the multi-storey car-park in town centre (what used to be Superquinn / Supervalu). They are situated one level up in the car-park.

I get our car done there every few months and they're good.

Koolhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi Denis, can't recommend a valet personally but have seen munnellys out by the college recommended here a few times in the past.

We had this issue in the past and found spreading baking soda on it asap, leaving for a few hours and then hoovering it up worked to get the smell out.
    Had forgot about this, will try that this evening thanks!

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Hi Denis,

You could also try the valet which is in the multi-storey car-park in town centre (what used to be Superquinn / Supervalu). They are situated one level up in the car-park.

I get our car done there every few months and they're good.

Koolhanger
    Will look into them if the bread soda doesn't do the trick! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

denis160 wrote: »

don't use that crowd in carlow shopping centre

I got a full valet done with them last year and the carpet was soaking wet, when I got it back and they'd used loads of diesel trying to dry it out.
    I asked about it being so wet and he said that's just how they do it. it took 2 or 3 weeks for the smell of damp/wet to leave the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

patrickc wrote: »

I got a full valet done with them last year and the carpet was soaking wet, when I got it back and they'd used loads of diesel trying to dry it out.
    I asked about it being so wet and he said that's just how they do it. it took 2 or 3 weeks for the smell of damp/wet to leave the car.

WTF? How does diesel dry out a car interior?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I presume they just left the car running with the heating on full blast, trying to dry it out faster, and using loads of fuel in the meantime?

Anyway, surprised to hear that about that place. Disappointing.

Had forgot about this, will try that this evening thanks!

Used the bread soda & it did the trick! Left it in for two days, hoovered (well the youngest did) & smell gone! Thanks, D.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

patrickc wrote: »

I got a full valet done with them last year and the carpet was soaking wet,  when I got it back and they'd used loads of diesel trying to dry it out.
    I asked about it being so wet and he said that's just how they do it. it took 2 or 3  weeks for the smell of damp/wet to leave the car.
    Surprised to hear that. I've gone to them a few times before and it was grand.
    I recently went to the garage on O'Brien Road for just a car wash, €8 for the token and there was still dirt on the car when I left, and I didn't realise it until I parked up at the NCT Centre. Sooo sooo bad, they just want you in and out and they don't give toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Surprised to hear that. I've gone to them a few times before and it was grand.
    I recently went to the garage on O'Brien Road for just a car wash, €8 for the token and there was still dirt on the car when I left, and I didn't realise it until I parked up at the NCT Centre. Sooo sooo bad, they just want you in and out and they don't give toss.

Carlow shopping centre is that the one where superquinn used to be?

If so similar story, I used the valet in the carpark there once and came back for the car with all the doors and boot open heater on full belt and the seats absolutely drenched. I was convinced they took a power washer to the inside of the car.

Admittedly it was about 6 years ago so they may have changed hands or improved since. I wouldn't have been running back after that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone used the place up near Boscos/Jones business? Can't remember the name. Want to get the car done over the coming months as theres a few bits need proper polishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

the diesel was used with the engine running.
    they're good for a ten euro car wash but don't let them inside your car is my experience.

Advertisement