Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lenovo tablet- cant download Mobdro

Options
  • 16-01-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just taken a Lenovo tablet out of the box, signed into Google etc.
    Trying to download Mobdro through their website but I'm hitting the download button to no avail...nothing happens.
    And I've gone to various other parts of the website and tried downloading from there....a new page opens up that says loading in the tab, but nothing happens.

I'm a total IT eejit, so any advice as to whats happening here and how to get around it would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Have you allowed apks from other sources?
    It's under security settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Yeah, changed that in settings already. But still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

jay0109 wrote: »
    Yeah, changed that in settings already. But still nothing
    Do you get a pop up about potentially harmful apks?
    (Thought :is there an anti virus program blocking it?)

I got a message about Chrome which I aske to not show me again. Cant recall exactly what it said.

The tablet has McAfee on the desktop but I don't think it has been switched on

Download a different browser from the play store, maybe puffin browser or adblock browser and see if it'll download through them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Delete Chrome and reinstall

Thanks all.
    Not sure if it was through Puffin or the update message for a new version of Chrome that came through, which did it.
    But it's in and working

Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Is Mobdro safe to use...?
    I have it on my Android phone and it works brilliantly but some people say I shouldn't be using it as there may be security concerns...

Advertisement