Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2005 Cork Euro Union Chess Ch

Options
  • 16-01-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I am trying to update my games databases and I am missing the ratings of most of my opponents in the 2005 European Union Chess Championship which was held in the Metropole Hotel in Cork. I've tried searching online but I can't find the results anywhere,perhaps someone has a record of the event?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bunrattyman

I have a very complete record of the event, including a nice photo of you sitting at board 1 ! Send me an email and I'll send on the crosstble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I am trying to update my games databases and I am missing the ratings of most of my opponents in the 2005 European Union Chess Championship which was held in the Metropole Hotel in Cork. I've tried searching online but I can't find the results anywhere,perhaps someone has a record of the event?

That's great!! I've sent you an email, let me know if you don't get it.

BTW Cork 2005 was quite an historic event because as far as I know it was the first time that the event was ever held. I also played in two other EU Championship events, one in Liverpool and one in Italy. I don't know if it is still held and if not why not. Perhaps we should bring it back to Ireland again?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Pete Morriss

BTW Cork 2005 was quite an historic event because as far as I know it was the first time that the event was ever held. I also played in two other EU Championship events, one in Liverpool and one in Italy. I don't know if it is still held and if not why not. Perhaps we should bring it back to Ireland again?

We are indeed working on bringing it to Galway in 2020 when Galway is the European Capital of Culture (as was Cork in 2005, and Liverpool, I think). Early days yet, but watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

In the ICU database there are all 10 of your games but only two have the opponents' ratings.
    Socko 2591; Ryan 2328
    Presumably the others did not have FIDE ratings at the time.

• Advertisement

In the ICU database there are all 10 of your games but only two have the opponents' ratings.
    Socko 2591; Ryan 2328
    Presumably the others did not have FIDE ratings at the time.

Oh, that must be why I don't have ratings written down for them. Any way that I could find their ICU ratings? I have 16 score books full of games and they are the only games that have no ratings beside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

Any way that I could find their ICU ratings? I have 16 score books full of games and they are the only games that have no ratings beside them.

You would have to ask the ICU ratings officer if he has lists going back that far. Personally I don't bother to record my opponents' ratings most of the time when I put games into my database.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Have you seen this? Unfortunately, it's missing many of the ratings.
    http://www.irlchess.com/euch2005_allfiles/pairings_euch2005.html

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭zeitnot

mikhail wrote: »
    Old ICU ratings are available on the ICU ratings site: set the tab on the left to the appropriate list. There seems to be something odd with the January 2005 list, though. The ICU web site was just getting going around then so maybe the ratings were not fully imported. Or the January 2005 list was an interim one covering only a subset of players. Either way, several players who must have had ICU ratings don't appear on the January 2005 list on the ICU site.
    I think all FIDE ratings are as shown in the link above.

mikhail wrote: »

Thanks for that!! Very interesting, and it does give some of the ratings that I was missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 historian

Try this link:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20051223034652/http://www.corkchess.com/Live/CrossTable.aspx
    If this doesn't work and/or if you want FIDE and ICU ratings differentiated, send me a PM

Advertisement