Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA Application

Options
  • 16-01-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I've had two ESTAs in the past but am making a new application and there seem to be some different questions.
    The two that are confusing me are the two that asks

Are you now a citizen of any other country and
    Have you ever been a citizen of any other country?

I was born in the U.K. and did have a British passport but it's long expired.
    I have and have had an Irish passport for many years.
    I wonder has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Answer all questions honestly and accurately, the ESTA question list has grown over the years

If in doubt contact the British Embassy to seek clarification as to your status

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

johnire wrote: »
    Hi there.
    I've had two ESTAs in the past but am making a new application and there seem to be some different questions.
    The two that are confusing me are the two that asks

Are you now a citizen of any other country and
    Have you ever been a citizen of any other country?

I was born in the U.K. and did have a British passport but it's long expired.
    I have and have had an Irish passport for many years.
    I wonder has anyone else encountered this?
    If assume you reply yes to the second one, and if you're still a citizen of Britain then yes to the first one also
    Thanks.

J

Advertisement