Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owned Juice Restaurant on Georges St?

Options
  • 16-01-2017 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there..

I was just wondering if anyone knows or can tell me who owned Juice Restaurant on Georges St? It's been closed down for a few years now and I can't seem to find anything at all about the proprietor.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Funnily enough, I met the owner years ago while on holiday in Goa - he spent his winters there.

Can't for the life of me remember his name. Older gent (and that's going back about 14 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

According to some old newspaper articles it was set up by brothers Anthony and David Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Aw man I miss this place!! Sorry OP I've no info for you, you just brought back good memories- It was my first introduction to eating out as a vegetarian when I was a teen making the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

I miss the place too. Dublin City Centre could do with a few more good vegetarian restaurants. Hopefully, the Happy Pear open a Dublin City Centre restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

JTMan wrote: »
    I miss the place too. Dublin City Centre could do with a few more good vegetarian restaurants. Hopefully, the Happy Pear open a Dublin City Centre restaurant.

They're opening in Clondalkin any day now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

NineEggs wrote: »
    Hi there..

I was just wondering if anyone knows or can tell me who owned Juice Restaurant on Georges St? It's been closed down for a few years now and I can't seem to find anything at all about the proprietor.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

I can only tell you they had the most obnoxious condescending staff I've ever come across in any restaurant or cafe. More than once I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Am I the only one who thinks the Happy Pear is over-rated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Am I the only one who thinks the Happy Pear is over-rated :)

Nope.

I admire their business skills (or whoever is driving the business) but the last time I was in there, the table I was at was the narrowest I've ever encountered in any restaurant / cafe I'd ever been in.

Food can be bland and pricey for what it is.

Advertisement