Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WERS Waste pay as you go

Options
  • 16-01-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭

Anyone us this service for pay as you go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ya I do.

Any particular questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

toadfly wrote: »
    Ya I do.

Any particular questions?

Does it work out dearer than none payg? I would only be putting bins out once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have it, I wouldn't even be putting bins out once a month so the majority of my charges are just the monthly service charge. I've never had a bill service so I don't know if it's cheaper. I have been tempted to get a bill though.

The main problem with pay as you go, for me at least, is that you could want to put out your bins and find you need to also pay off the last two months charges so you end up paying €20+ to lift the bins. other problem would be realising too late you don't have any money in the account and miss the bins then have to wait two weeks for the next lift with no room left in your bins.

You do need to manage it more so you don't rack up charges and have money in your account when you need it. If your lifting every month it's probably going to be easier to keep on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

we are with them at the moment, just started and we were going to pay the pay as you go rate, but between the gigs and the reels it worked out better having them collected every two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It depends how often you put out your bins OP. Your family size will dictate this obviously.

Standing charge = €5 per month

Recycling bin = €5 per lift
    Waste bin = €10 per lift.

The non PAYG was about €360 a year last time I checked.

If you're putting about bins every 2 weeks you'll be over this

26*5 = 130
    26*10 = 260
    5*12 = 60 (standing charge)

Total = €450

However if there's two or less in your house, or you've no babies (nappies fill a bin quickly), once a month collection may well be enough. ( (5*12 SC) + (5*12) + (10*12)) = €240

Completely depends on your circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Trying to work out what we do when we are so far off the routes that no collection? ( nearest would be 2 miles down a n track..) In my last place you had to buy a bag and leave it in a set place. All i really have is food tins and back in Kerry they were included in the "bring" banks. Apparently not here?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

You could drop the bag into WERs depot in Tuam. They have a weighbridge and charge you by weight

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Graces7 there is a place in oranmore near the petrol station up by the maldon hotel. It's a recycling facilities but you can also bring your non recyclable waste for disposal. If memory serves me correctly it's about 10e for the car full of waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bertsmom wrote: »
    Graces7 there is a place in oranmore near the petrol station up by the maldon hotel. It's a recycling facilities but you can also bring your non recyclable waste for disposal. If memory serves me correctly it's about 10e for the car full of waste.

Thanks. If i am ever up that way .. I tried to call in at one recycing place yesterday but it was all locked up. WHY do they not recycle steel tins? They did in Kerry. In the row of bins with the glass etc..

Advertisement