Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

micro stuttering - how to figure out reason?

Options
  • 16-01-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hi, after recent upgrade 8.1 to Win 10 I can see some micro stuttering in very demanding titles (BF1) that I didn't see when on 8.1, how do I go about figuring out what's causing this?
    Here's my spec:
    MSI Z87 G45, 4670k@4.0, 16GB DDR3 1600, Gainward 1070, OS on 850 EVO, games on CX200. Corsair HX620; Logitech G930. All the latest updates/drivers installed. Gaming in 1080p. Edit: vsync off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Install Latencymon, should give you a idea of whats causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Hi, after recent upgrade 8.1 to Win 10 I can see some micro stuttering in very demanding titles (BF1)

Strangely enough I was looking through the BF1 settings today and realized I had it set to DX 11. I changed this to DX 12 and started playing again and it caused some micro stuttering. I restarted the PC and it seems to have fixed it.

Its prob coincidence but I though id mention it.

i5-4460, Saphire RX 480 8GB OC

Advertisement