Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campervan first time buyer - and dogs!

Options
  • 16-01-2017 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I am thinking to buy a campervan, but as usual I have a low budget.

I am looking for something small, as I would use it also as "car" to move around.
    I was looking at the mazda bongo, as it seems to be quite "cheap" and small dimensions..
    I have two dogs.. medium size, do people have experience regarding campervan and dogs?
    I was looking to get one where I could sleep on the roof, so they can have the rest of the space on the bottom.

Any kind of advice buying is greatly appreciated.
    As budget I would be around 5k, but might try to get something extra from the bank ..

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Queenie_Jet

JSabina,

We are a couple that try to bring our (largish) dogs with us in our Camper when we can. We have a lab and a gsd so living space can be a premium. We find our small Hobby camper sufficient, when the weather is good and we're parked up we tie the dogs outside safely and we can turn our driver and passenger seats around for ourselves. We took out the table as we didn't like how it got in the way and just put throws on the other seats for the canines. Our bed is at the back and there is a screen to separate. I think there are always pluses and pitfalls no matter what camper you get, good luck with it!

Dogs will get used to anything, as long as they are near their masters!

Advertisement