Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best brands of electro acoustic

Options
  • 15-01-2017 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi,

What's the best budget brand of electro acoustic, somewhere under 500 euros?
    And what would be worth pushing that to 700 euro for!

Obviously a loaded question with personal taste and best way is to go to a shop and try some out but I'm just looking for some opinions as I like to narrow down choices rather than explode making the decision. (think Sheldon in Big Bang Theory picking between Xbox and Playstation)

Something good for rock music and some home recording.
    After some looking on Thomann..... Ovation, Yamaha are good value with decent reviews?

Are the built in tuners on electro acoustics any good?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Takamine, Yamaha, Cort and a whole heap of others do fairly decent models for under €500 so you've plenty of choice.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I wouldn't worry about the tuner, it will do the job. One thing to keep in mind is that for recording you won't be using the pickups - record with a microphone (or two) you'll get far better results. Pickups are useful for playing live.

I'd agree with the ones mentioned, but also Tanglewood make some great guitars in that price range. Some of the upper end Epiphones are really nice too. I'd stay away from Ovation, but that's just personal preference - they are fine, but very different to other acoustics. More suited to live than recording imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Thanks. Glad I asked! I wouldn't have considered Takamine or Cort as I'd never heard of them. Will throw them in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Takamine electronics are excellent.

Advertisement