Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shin Pain HELP!

Options
  • 15-01-2017 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm 16, I've no medical conditions and I don't smoke nor am I overweight

I've been having this pain over a year now
    (IT IS NOT SHIN SPLINTS), The pain comes after exercise for example if I play a football match I get the pain after the match NOT DURING IT.
    I usually feel it when I'm in my bed going asleep, when I wake up and it can just come randomly when I'm resting,
    The way I can describe the pain is an aching or throbbing pain around the mid to lower area of my left shin bone (NOT CALF MUSCLE)
    The only way of relief is if I do a calf muscle stretch (THERES ONLY RELIEF WHILE I STRETCH) and if I get up and walk around for a bit it seems to relieve it
    At first I thought it was something to do with nerves so I had a nerve induction test, and it wasn't that, I've had a MRSI scan they didn't find anything, I've been to the doctor several times and I'm currently getting physio (NOT SURE IF ITS WORK)
    My next theory is that it's something to do with blood circulation in my left leg which worries me as there would be a chance of amputation if that was the case, I also match some of the symptoms of lack of blood flow such as decrease in hair growth on leg, wounds heal slowly and my left leg is thinner than my right even though my left leg is my dominant foot and I play football.

If you any advice for it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Advertisement