Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing an Oral

Options
  • 14-01-2017 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

If you decide not to take the French oral (OL), do you automatically fail the subject or just lose out on the possible 20%?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

You will lose the 20%. I don't know why you would choose not to take it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You lose whatever percentage it's worth and your result will have an asterisk beside it * as it is missing an element.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Thanks guys. Its good to know. I will still take the oral, need as many marks as I can to meet the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bizarre question. Surely even getting a single mark for saying "bonjour. Je m'appelle retweet" is worth walking into the room for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

You should definitely do your oral - you're going in with nothing and coming out with something - even 1% (highly unlikely) would be better than nothing. The oral really isn't that bad - it's everything you have done in French from first year - myself/my family/pastimes/school and then add in future tense (what are your plans after the Leaving), the past tense (holidays, school tour etc.) I would also recommend bringing in a document - it is something that you can use to your advantage. Oral work is also necessary for section A - formulaire The oral is a lot of work but it's worth it. Bonne chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement