Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes/Recommendation to current build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Case seller doesn't deliver to Ireland for a start but apart from that a very nice setup. If its just for gaming you could probably get away with going for an i5 chip and maybe check to see if that ram has enough clearance for that air cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

I personally wouldn't bother with the K series SKU or top end chipset motherboard unless you're going to go serious overclocking at which point that cooler wouldn't really be up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

Cool, Thanks for the replies!

For ower delivery i can use Parcel motel.. any other recommendation in relation to the tower? I need to check it out about ram + fan if they fit.
    In relation to the K and non K it's a valid point, that would save further 40-50. Thanks!

Darius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Don't bother with the 'Z' series chip set either in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dariukas wrote: »
    Cool, Thanks for the replies!

For ower delivery i can use Parcel motel.. any other recommendation in relation to the tower? I need to check it out about ram + fan if they fit.
    In relation to the K and non K it's a valid point, that would save further 40-50. Thanks!

Darius

Check out some of the Phantek cases. As for the K series chips and overclocking, with Z270 boards you only have to hit a button on them to get a pretty sweet overclock but a better cooler would be needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement