Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin coach - wit parking

Options
  • 14-01-2017 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi
    Im new to waterford and trying to get bus to dub on tues
    I was going to get the dublincoach and park in WIT. Is there free parking in WIT that i wont be clamped. I'll be getting 7am bus and back in waterford at 5pm
    What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think parking in WIT is a good idea, pretty good chance you will get clamped. There is all day parking in several carparks around the city for around €4.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clamping in operation in WIT for a long time so doubt it's changed. No parking nearby but Dublin Bus stops elsewhere in the city afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I park on the quay when getting the bus to Dublin, flat fee of €4. Have seen plenty of cars clamped in wit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They clamp in WIT if you park on double yellow lines,if you park in a space nobody will know if you not a student you dont have to pay to park there and theres no tickets

The gates might not be open at 7am though.

I think people should park in designated places, parking at wit is mainly for staff and students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always used to park outside the bridge hotel on the quay for 4 euro but the changed to pay and display the day they put the ice rink in.

I now park in the 4 euro one in Thomas Street.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I always used to park outside the bridge hotel on the quay for 4 euro but the changed to pay and display the day they put the ice rink in.

that the one to the right of the bus station? was planning on using it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Parked in the car park that runs directly behind the bus station yesterday (you can get into it off the roundabout at Shaws). 4.40 for 24 hours, you have to pay upfront at ticket machines but the machines take coins and cards so very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

sillysocks wrote: »
    Parked in the car park that runs directly behind the bus station yesterday (you can get into it off the roundabout at Shaws). 4.40 for 24 hours, you have to pay upfront at ticket machines but the machines take coins and cards so very handy.

Thanks
    That's Shaws on Gladstone Street? Is it easy find the Dublincoach. Ie bus stop from there?
    Sorry I'm new...
    I'll prob go with that...

Is the rsc car park open 24 hours in case I ever wanted to park for the wit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yes that's the right Shaws. If you are driving from say WIT direction down the quay towards the bridge when you come to the roundabout at Shaws take a right, that brings you to two car park entrances. It's the one on the left you want. The far end of it is nearest to the station, and the Dublin Coach stop is just across the road then at Guirys auctioneers (last time I got it anyway so just check the website!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

WIT is open that hour of the morning, often run(well try to run lol) thru it...
    as long as car in a car space I not sure how they would know if u a student or not...

but me i would use car park on quay... for sake of 4 quid less hassle....

Advertisement