Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox s not turnin on my av unit.

Options
  • 14-01-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

My xbox one always turned on the tv and av on start up and off on shut down.
    Kinect is plugged in and turned on but it only switches on or of the tv.
    I have tried all the settings I think.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Might need a reset. My own xbox has had a weird issue or two in n the last week, was there an update pushed out recently? A reset has done the trick for me so far although having to reinstall games was a slight pain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

theteal wrote: »
    Might need a reset. My own xbox has had a weird issue or two in n the last week, was there an update pushed out recently? A reset has done the trick for me so far although having to reinstall games was a slight pain

You should be able to reset the system without hitting the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

My xbox one always turned on the tv and av on start up and off on shut down.
    Kinect is plugged in and turned on but it only switches on or of the tv.
    I have tried all the settings I think.

Any help would be great.

Make sure that there's nothing blocking the IR receiver on the AV? Otherwise, delete it and go through the set up again. I get better results if I manually add the serial number of my TV rather than just the generic name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

CatInABox wrote: »
    You should be able to reset the system without hitting the games.

I was surprised that the games went tbh, I'm sure I've dine it before without the games going

Advertisement