Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Joe Duffy Airside - Worst service experience ever

Options
  • 14-01-2017 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Basically Joe Duffy Airside can't change a light bulb in the front of the car without damaging the boot lock.

They had my car for 11 days for a simple service consisting of oil change, new wipers and a light bulb replacement. Repeated testing on the boot and they couldn't work out they damaged a sensor in the bonnet which set off a boot open warning.

To add insult to injury they placed advertising on my car without my express permission. Final straw. Email sent to Volkswagen to complain about the service standards of Joe Duffy.

Basically massive unnecessary headaches and time wasted caused by the garage with what was a perfectly working vehicle before it went to them.

Stay well away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I take it that it's not one of those stickers with the service date wrote on the inside and next due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭enricoh

They placed advertising without your consent - a serviced by sticker! how do u cope with such first trauma?!
    Try peeling it off if yer losing too much sleep over it. Or even better get a good lawyer, the dearer the better, and seek recompense for such a violation!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't that just a standard service sticker? Seems a bit bigger than usual but these are commonplace when you get a service

Talk to Joe FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

enricoh wrote: »
    They placed advertising without your consent - a serviced by sticker! how do u cope with such first trauma?!
    Try peeling it off if yer losing too much sleep over it. Or even better get a good lawyer, the dearer the better, and seek recompense for such a violation!

The OP right to be annoyed by this sort of unasked for interference esp coming on the back of what is apparently a truly shi't level of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Thank God I don't deal with people any more. You have to feel sorry for garages and mechanics after reading this forum the last few days.

• Advertisement
    M

Their service includes 12 months roadside assistance, perhaps that's the main reason they have the name and contact number showing?
    Complimentary 12 Months Roadside Assistance

http://www.joeduffy.ie/volkswagen/servicing-offers/guaranteed-service/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Sorry you had a bad experience so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I truly don't know how I would make it through the day if somebody put a sticker on my window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I was expecting huge stickers covering 90% of the vehicle and when removed you are left with bare metal...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BMW garages in Ireland suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sorry you had a bad experience so to speak

What colour was the BMW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

blue5 wrote: »
    Basically Joe Duffy Airside can't change a light bulb in the front of the car without damaging the boot lock.

They had my car for 11 days for a simple service consisting of oil change, new wipers and a light bulb replacement. Repeated testing on the boot and they couldn't work out they damaged a sensor in the bonnet which set off a boot open warning.

To add insult to injury they placed advertising on my car without my express permission. Final straw. Email sent to Volkswagen to complain about the service standards of Joe Duffy.

Basically massive unnecessary headaches and time wasted caused by the garage with what was a perfectly working vehicle before it went to them.

Stay well away.
    A small sticker on the side of the windscreen beside another dealers sticker is hardly a big deal. It's common enough and I actually find it to be a good sign when buying a car.

It's not as if they removed the other dealers stickers and fitted there own to the back window and fitted plate surrounds as well and insurance disc holders to promote themselves. That id be annoyed with, it's very cheeky imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Would it be fair to say you would have berated them for poor service too if they didn't fit a service reminder sticker?
    They had my car for 11 days for a simple service consisting of oil change, new wipers and a light bulb replacement.

I'm not condoning an 11 day turn around on any repair, particularly one which may have been caused by a dealer, but, try to avoid twisting the truth. It wasn't in for 11 days for an oil change and a set of wipers, it was in for 11 days sorting out a wiring issue.

What model and year car is it? Was it your first time to visit Joe Duffy VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Was the 11 days part of Christmas holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

blue5 wrote: »

Stay well away.

The final straw being a dealer sticker on your car? My good chrisht, I don't know how you'll cope with that.

Get over yourself and take the sticker off if you don't like it. Whatever about the poor service, that's obviously unacceptable but seriously.....:eek:

M

Whoever put the sticker on was fairly particular with the fitting of it, it lines up perfectly with the one above it, pride was taken in putting the sticker on if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take your business elsewhere next time.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement