Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCG 2017

• 14-01-2017 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Do you need to include a page with references? My teacher said absolutely nothing about it and i'm really worried now...

Also i traced two of my sketches (but rendered them myself)... is that ok or do i need to modify them to make them look more freehand?

Thanks for any help... really really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

igesio wrote: »
    Do you need to include a page with references? My teacher said absolutely nothing about it and i'm really worried now...

Also i traced two of my sketches (but rendered them myself)... is that ok or do i need to modify them to make them look more freehand?

Thanks for any help... really really appreciated

Yes put a reference for any pictures or info you took from internet etc on the back cover page. This doesn't count as a page same as front cover doesn't.

The sketches should be done properly by you. I personally wouldn't hand in traced sketches. The examiners will be able to tell. It is very obvious to experienced teachers when people do this. They are looking to grade your sketching skills not your tracing skills so if I were you and you have the time I would redo them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ddkod

I'm currently working on the project for dcg, not long to go.

After working on it at home, my teacher has now said that's not allowed. I worked on it in the 2016 version and the school's is 2015. Are all schools 2015 and would it be an issue if I just sent in my 2016 solidworks files from home?

The project must be done in school as per rules on the brief you got at the start

"7. The coursework submitted for assessment must be your own individual work and must be
    completed in school under the supervision of the class teacher. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ddkod

I was unfortunately out for a large part of last year because of sickness which is why I got the code in the first place from my teacher, I wish I had read that before, but all of my files are from home computer, can the examiner see if it wasn't done in school? I'm really worried now

Apparently they can I have no idea how true that is or not. If it is a genuine case of illness there should be doctors certs etc. to back it up. I would suggest your teacher/school (or yourself) get onto the SEC about the issue. No one here can answer really on a personal case like this.

I would assume the version you used at home is the student version. You will run into an issue that as far as I know the student version doesn't have photorealistic software only the full school version does. When you go to do the photrealistic in school your files won't open properly as you did it on a 2016 version and your schools is 2015 so the school version won't be able to open up a future version of the software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 igesio

seavill wrote: »
    Yes put a reference for any pictures or info you took from internet etc on the back cover page. This doesn't count as a page same as front cover doesn't.

The sketches should be done properly by you. I personally wouldn't hand in traced sketches. The examiners will be able to tell. It is very obvious to experienced teachers when people do this. They are looking to grade your sketching skills not your tracing skills so if I were you and you have the time I would redo them

Thanks for the quick response... is simply a page of links enough or do I need to state which image came from which page?
    And do I just give the website or the direct link to the image? (www.website.com vs www.website.com/blablabla/jendj.jpg)

Sound

I would give the full direct link. I've seen people give both just general sites and then specific pages. I would give the specific pages if it was me

It is a page of links but you should reference the links back to the images in your project, some people might put small numbers beside their pictures and then number the list accordingly. Others don't bother doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

FINISHED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eaglextrix

Got my cheeky H1 with the project ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Advertisement