Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming glitch/crash

Options
  • 13-01-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I built my gaming PC about half a year ago and I used to have problems gaming until I changed the motherboard. Lately I have been play games such as Rimworld, prison life and sometimes roblox and all I get after a while is a grey screen. It doesnt happen at specific intervals, just randomly. It is starting to get annoying because I have to lower my resoloution. I have read up on it a small bit and it seems to me it might be caused my the GPU overheating but I don't have a clue of what I should do (the wiring in the case isn't very tidy). Also the CPU and motherboard temperatures seem to be fine. My PC's specs are below:

Corsair Carbide series spec alpha white
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    Asus Z170-P
    Intel i5 6400
    bequiet system power 8 PSU
    Sandisk Ultra 2 233GB
    Seagate Hard Drive 1TB (Not working for some reason)
    Hyper FuryX 8gb 2400 ram

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be much appreciated.If i forgetton to give any necessary info please tell me.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you updated/reinstalled drivers?

Have you updated/reinstalled drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I updated some drivers about a week or 2 ago. I'll check if i need anymore in the morning. Also when I was turning off the PC it said shut down and update so something to do with the problem might be updating.

Also how do I run a GPU stress test?

• Advertisement

are those gpu stress tests corrupted, i dont really want to risk my rig over them?

I got a java and a radeon update , im just waiting on starting a gpu stress test, i need to find a reliable one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Furmark is a good one.

You can use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor in-game CPU and GPU tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH Furmark is a bit OTT, I'd say Unigine Heaven is better.

I ran a GPU stress test with furmark and the GPU hit a maixum of 74 degrees and it didnt crash. I am going to test out rimworld and see if it makes the GPU crash or not. Also, does anyone know if sapphire trixx is any good. Thanks

• Advertisement

I downloaded Sapphire Trixx and upped the fan speed by 15%. I'll see if any games crash and if they do I'll inform ye.

Advertisement