Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the ideal profile for an insurance company

Options
  • 13-01-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all
    Im having to change my car as current car has died.
    So im considering an X type auto and decided to get quotes but cannot get one online though ive only tried a few.
    Anyway my reason for this post is what would an ideal customer be for an insurance qoute.
    My details are male, 40, full irish licence since 10+ years, 6+ NCB, no points and car is an 08
    I would assume im a safe bet yet I struggle to get qoutes why ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

X type jags are grouped as prestigue cars market thus only personal or phone quotable...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

cplwhisper wrote: »
    X type jags are grouped as prestigue cars market thus only personal or phone quotable...

So the car choice could be the problem,
    I wonder will I get a qoute over the phone and will it be any way reasonable.

On our direct quote system you meet the requirements..

On our direct quote system you meet the requirements..

Who is that with ?

Axa.. as long as you have earned NCB and any others driver,like partner, are same criteria.
    The NCB can't be 'mirrored' from another car you also have

• Advertisement

Axa.. as long as you have earned NCB and any others driver,like partner, are same criteria.
    The NCB can't be 'mirrored' from another car you also have

Ill try them now so,
    Thanks

Axa.athlone@axa.ie ask for donegal Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I used to think I'd be an ideal person for car insurance, a safe bet for the companies to get free money from.

48, driving 22yrs, never had a claim. Yet my last insurance went from €342 to €670, driving a standard family hatchback.

Explain that, eh?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I used to think I'd be an ideal person for car insurance, a safe bet for the companies to get free money from.

48, driving 22yrs, never had a claim. Yet my last insurance went from €342 to €670, driving a standard family hatchback.

Explain that, eh?

What company ? Some companies removed the penalty points discount they allowed in '16.
    Example €500 less 30% average = €350
    The basic rate €500 + 20/30% insurance change = 630+ this year unfortunately

I use a broker, can't remember if I moved company or not. I went with the best price so may have changed actual insurance company.

I just wish they would do as they preach, and insure 'on risk'. Surely if they look at me and see I am middle aged, drive a standard family car, been 22yrs without an accident or claim, they'd think I was a fairly safe bet?

• Advertisement

Always ask what underwriters are being used?

like Setanta from Easter '14, there are a few companies trading here in Ireland, that can disappear overnight with our hand warmed €€

I would usually know, think its Allianz this time round, but I wouldn't know if it was them last year too, or if my broker moved me to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lavamanya

I'm in the same boat. 39 years old,18 years claims free,no penalty points.Last three years insurance has gone 330 to 550 to 720 this year.I'll have to dump the car and dust off the bicycle soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's a bit mad when I would weep tears of joy and offer up thanks to deities I don't believe in if I got a quote of 700 quid. Hell I'd weep if I got one for 1400 quid. :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I'm a 51 year old male, 52 year old wife named on the policy and the Renewal with Aviva is due in a few weeks,
    The wife has her own car policy also with Aviva.
    Both of us have a Full Irish licence and held full licence over 30 years, no claims for over 20 years,
    Driving a 2015 Audi A3 1.6TDi,
    Last year it was €329.84 with Aviva and this year they have asked me for a photo copy my Tax disc and log book before they will quote for renewal ?
    I've sent them in to them with no problem but it has made me nevus, Should I be expecting a hike in premium.

Is there such a thing as an "Ideal customer"

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's a bit mad when I would weep tears of joy and offer up thanks to deities I don't believe in if I got a quote of 700 quid. Hell I'd weep if I got one for 1400 quid. :(

I think I would be really pi$$ed off if my insurance was 700 and I would die if I got a quote foe 1400 quid,

I'm a 51 year old male, 52 year old wife named on the policy and the Renewal with Aviva is due in a few weeks,
    The wife has her own car policy also with Aviva.
    Both of us have a Full Irish licence and held full licence over 30 years, no claims for over 20 years,
    Driving a 2015 Audi A3 1.6TDi,
    Last year it was €329.84 with Aviva and this year they have asked me for a photo copy my Tax disc and log book before they will quote for renewal ?
    I've sent them in to them with no problem but it has made me nevus, Should I be expecting a hike in premium.

Is there such a thing as an "Ideal customer"

Keep us up to date with your renewal premium to see just how yours changes.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Keep us up to date with your renewal premium to see just how yours changes.

So I had to pay up today,

I tried loads of places but could not get anywhere remotely close to the renewal quote from Aviva (between €668 - €1126) so I rang them up and asked to see

"if they could do anything for me"

I told them I have a better quote from somewhere else so he looked at the policy and said he would try his best and to be fair he did seem to be trying a few different things on his system
    but the best he came back with was €421.28 from €442.28,
    I said I'd leave it if he couldn't do a bit better, but he said OK then, I think he knew I didn't, anyway that was as far as he was going so I paid up.
    The phone call only knocked €21 off but it's still better than a pike in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Why do Aviva need a copy of the Tax Disc?

zapata wrote: »
    Why do Aviva need a copy of the Tax Disc?

No idea why at all, I asked them when I renewed all all he said was it was normal to ask a few people at random.

• Advertisement
Advertisement