Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" The Last Of Us " Symbol ....?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

P1130096e_zpsh4d4myx1.jpg

What's that mean, please? I've forgotten as I haven't seen it in so long. Sorry it's an awful image. I'm Ellie. In a blizzard. And that damn thing's appeared. Nothing I can seem to do makes anything happen :confused:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

It's the conversation icon isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

That's the only purpose I ever remember for it, Evade. But, this one's on the side of a building and there's certainly no one else around. (I've listened like f**k! They're all out to kill me!) I've approached it too. It moves along in front of my a bit. Then, I pass it and it sods off! :confused:

Been sat here, all this time, with the game frozen. I desperately need any help I can get, at this point. If this is help? I ain't missing it! :eek:

You're on you own in that part of the game.

Yeah, don't I know it! But; Why's the game giving me this sign :confused:

It's probably just a glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is this PS3 or 4? Share the img if on a PS4

:( F**k! I'm Really having 'One of Those f**king days' here!

RasTa. Sorry. Missed that. It's PS3.

:eek: It's bloody happening Again!!!

I've just ignored it. Doubled back. Sneaked through two or three buildings and come back onto the road at pretty much where I was before. Nothing. K?

Then, I look to one side? There it is again! I got a clearer shot, this time:

P1130090_zpsnwyhood7.jpg

Surely this can't just be some anomaly? I'm almost certain that L3, or something, brought up a Hint, or something? I just can't get it to respond.

Just re-start it from the last save point. Have you killed all the ppl in that scene yet?

• Advertisement

Disaster, RasTa! I gave up on trying to take out four or five heavily armed guys, with just my knife. (Never managed more than two or three. Their mate always appeared and throttled me)

That's why I thought I'd screw my loaf and just get the f**k out of Dodge. I sneaked away and got to the far / left hand end of town. That's where this icon's appearing.

If I go across the road, toward that burning oil drum? Up there, I'll run into the same guys as were hunting me in the shops. They somehow flitted over there. And they seem to have about doubled their numbers. It's insane.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not whining and chucking my toys. God knows, I beat all those Runners and that Clicker, in that confined space. I beat the Bloater, in the gym. I made amazingly short work of the second one.

But, this town? It's just silly difficult! That's why I'm so loathe to let go of this one, possible straw the game seems to be throwing me, after a week of trying and dying.

That part supposed to be a sneaking part. It's a lot harder if you try to kill the enemies.

Yeah ignore that symbol so as it's not a glitch. I don't remember that scene being that bad. You can run by some of them but take out the guys in the shop first.

Just looking at a walk through for that part and the symbol does appear and it's a big part of what you need to do

In context it's a lot easier to see what it is.

Damn! And, I'm playing, again, and have ignored / tried to follow that symbol.

Now, at one point, " HINT - L3 " appeared. And that symbol was ahead of me. I'm sorry, I don't really remember exactly what happened next. (Spoiler Alert!!!)

I nailed the guy who's standing in the alley, past the burning drums. Then, I was in the depot, playing cat and mouse with another guy. Got that bastard too!

That's about when the symbol started luring me. It seemed to encourage me to jump up that thing. I did. I was then on the upper level with two guys closing fast from the right.

I seem to think I managed to evade them. Then, I came to a building. They're in there, giving it the " What if she bites someone? " routine.

I just managed to nail One of those bastards, in the alley way. His mate's vanished. I'm crouching beneath the bay. Saved the game and am now shaking like a f**king leaf!!!

Please don't be coy about offering me any little helpers ye might have! This is a game. Not a f**king sport. And I'd rather get back to enjoying at least a fairer fight again! :D

Evade; What exactly is it, though? How am I mean't to react to it, please?

Stigura wrote: »
    Evade; What exactly is it, though? How am I mean't to react to it, please?
    It's where you're supposed to go but you don't get there in a straight line. The place is kind of maze like so I can't really explain where to go.

I See!!! Excellent, Thanks! That actually makes a lot more sense now :)

Bloody thing was doing my head in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

We need a facepalm emote already!

• Advertisement

FFS_zpsb96573ae.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Did anyone else just get tired of this game halfway through?

Yawn!!! Here we go ..... :rolleyes:

Anyway; Much thanks and kudos to the two lads who helped me out here. I wiped the lot of the bastards out, shortly after last talking to ye :) Not bad for a kid with a knife and one round in a revolver. F**king sickening that Every gorilla I took down was carrying only a bloody first aid kit! :mad:

I'm onto the 'Boss Fight' now. This'll probably take me bloody days. But, at least it's just an attrition thing. We'll run around in circles, him shooting me to bits. But, I'' wear him down in the end! I always do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Did anyone else just get tired of this game halfway through?

You should give it another go, once it gets it's hooks in you it's incredible. The multiplayer is also one of the best I've ever played. I was hooked on it for 2 years.

Advertisement