Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever gotten drunk on Mouthwash ?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

I have seen tramps getting pissed of mouthwash, certain types are up to 35 percent alcohol, and a half litre bottle can be like 2 to 3 quid.
    Plus, your breath would be great always, not the usual drunk smell
    Dont try this at home obviously !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Now you tell me. Been spitting it out all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Let's go teeth-total!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One morning after a mental night out, still drunk no doubt, I went to brush my teeth. Filled out my little shot of mouthwash, picked it up and down the hatch. It came so natural to me after all the previous shots from the night before but it didn't make me drunk(er). Stung like a bitch going down tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Benylin and a bottle of Orchard glow back in the good auld days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's the tipple of choice up in John of Gods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I remember seeing a woman on intervention who would drink bottles of mouthwash and pass out in the garden in front of her kids. Seems to be an end stage alcoholism thing.

I think the type of alcohol in it isn't for drinking and will rot your guts quicker than the normal stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Would it give you wine gums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭C. Montgomery Gurns

Is mouthwash banned in prison out of curiosity? I'm nearly certain it was in Ireland that they had to get a new handwash supplier because the one they were using was high volume alcohol based, the inmates were emptying the dispensers and diluting it with water and, presumably, sugar.

I'd still bet it tasted better than most craft beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

God be with the days you'd neck a bottle of Buckfast and Calpol 6+ before trying to court some quare one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I remember seeing a woman on intervention who would drink bottles of mouthwash and pass out in the garden in front of her kids. Seems to be an end stage alcoholism thing.

I think the type of alcohol in it isn't for drinking and will rot your guts quicker than the normal stuff?

The alcohol in mouthwash is "denatured" which means they mix it with other stuff to make it undrinkable or at least less favorable to drink. Some of the denatured alcohol in mouthwashes are mixed with kerosene, methyl (wood) alcohol, and other such things and can cause (if ingested copiously) blindness, organ damage, and death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I've seen alcos drinking rubbing alcohol bought in a dollar store,but the worst was in Russia watching two of them drink aftershave washed down with a handful of snow! Makes mouthwash look like nectar of the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Meths or hospital hand-wash when things are tight

I've seen alcos drinking rubbing alcohol bought in a dollar store,but the worst was in Russia watching two of them drink aftershave washed down with a handful of snow! Makes mouthwash look like nectar of the gods!

Christ almighty, thats a nasty hangover i reckon

You have to consider the alternatives to getting drunk on mouthwash are things like sniffing permanent markers and huffing glue or paint. And if you're homeless or otherwise an addict, it *has* to be something so its the lesser/cheaper of whatever evils are available to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Cartouche wrote: »
    Christ almighty, thats a nasty hangover i reckon

It's quite the problem over there thats resulted in a lot of deaths,along with other ethanol based products,house cleaning products etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

isn't Listerine for only over 18's now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Got drunk on Harp once. Same thing, really.

philstar wrote: »
    isn't Listerine for only over 18's now ??

I am sure anyone could buy Listerine in the supermarket no ?
    Buy yeah its 54 proof in alcohol

Got drunk on Harp once. Same thing, really.

'Harpic' , we used to call that stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement