Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac/PLC Reuired modules Q's

Options
  • 13-01-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi ,im currently doing a fetac level 5 course in software development. This fetac course links in to various courses such as computer science in DIT and UCD. On the DIT website it states that a total of 5 distinctions is required and I must have 3 distinctions in required modules. Im currently on track to get 7 distinctions but if I don't get a distinction in the 8th module which is a required module do I still have a chance of getting in. To sum up I will have gotten 7 distinctions when the required number is 5 but not a distinction in one of the required modules. Does this immediately rule me out? Has anyone ever got into a college through fetac where they did not get a distinction in a required module? Is there any way around this? Thanks for reading, any and all replies are appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's required, it's required, I'm afraid.

The 'five distinctions required' statement is often a minimum requirement, so you're right to aim for more, but whatever you do, try get the distinctions in the required modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DKinger107

If there's not enough Fetac entries that have reached the minimum distinctions and required modules will they start offering to people who didn't get the required modules? Were will I be ranked to you know with 7 distinctions but not all distinctions in the required modules? Like i'm doing the 3 required modules and will prob get distinctions in two of them and a merit in the third.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are usually very few places reserved for entry through FETAC, so it would be unlikely they would give them to people who didn't have the required modules.
    If you think you will have trouble with a particular module, make your tutors aware of it and just try your best to get it.

Advertisement