Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Management courses/qualifications

Options
  • 13-01-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've worked in IT for many years, have done lots of PM type roles but don't have the qualifications for it. I'd like to put some letters on the CV to back up my experience.

I will always be work in Ireland, so international recognition not too important, unless international companies based here would be looking at that element of it.

Is PMI/PMP the best bet if I wanted to orientate towards being a PM consultant in the IT sector?

If so, has anyone any recommendations for where to do it?

Thoughts & suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I did a pmi course years ago but no exam and after that had to do a prince II based submission once, but that is the closest I've got to "using" it in IT as I'm more of a developer and have mainly worked more or less in "agile". I'm now a certified scrummaster, the obvious agile equivalent is the product owner.

Just something to think about depending on where you are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Depending what your into I'd second having a look at agile development and the roles in scrum. I used the scrum master route to step out of development and that has led to other opportunities as a product owner.

The University of Limerick do a part time masters in Project Management. That is another option you can look at. It's a good option if the company would pay for it. Multinationals are placing a lot more emphases on agile development, especially scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Anyone care to recommend where to do an Agile course in Dublin? Looking at Scrum Master. Thinking it might be just down to cost, but would welcome feedback. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The one I did was the agile bear one
    http://www.agilebear.com/services/certified-scrum-master

Advertisement