Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Fire HD 8 - cant download some apps!?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me, took delivery of my new Kindle HD 8 yesterday.

Setting it up today and cant download any apps!? Ive tried to search for several apps such as opera browser, POF etc but I am told they are all incompatible with my Kindle. Even apps on the Amazon page are coming up as incompatible?

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is there a workaround or am I stuck as it is?

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Here's how to get Google Play on your Amazon device and get access to all the apps on the Playstore:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-google-play-on-a-kindle-fire-and-install-any-1790706649

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

HI, thanks for the quick reply.

In that link I am going with option 2 however my laptop is a macbook, will this have any bearing on downloading Google play as it said I need to connect to PC...

thanks again,

I'm not sure Tbh. I've never actually had to do it myself, I just saw that article on Reddit the other day and remembered it when I saw your post. I was more interested in getting access to the Amazon store on a regular Android to avail of the "Actually Free" apps!

Afterthought: Macs are technically PC's so should be fine. If you want to play it safe you could go option 1 for now until you can use someone's else's Windows machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just a gentle bump if I may...:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement