Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEST

Options
  • 13-01-2017 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I was having trouble posting and now dont know how to undo this.

So I will post my stuff here as an edit!

Hey guys,

I writing an article on being a mature student as its a topic often ignored with not a lot of information other than the application and funding out there.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what is missing online?

In articles I have read, it seems to only be positive sides to the experience and only after someone has been accepted or finished the actual course. Or the articles are about stereotypical mature students, up the front of the class, constantly asking questions etc. I've not seen it discuss mature students aged 23 and up. Its always only about those with a longer life lived. I say longer life lived because it says life experience, but some school-leavers can have more life experience than those older than them in my own experience.

Nothing else. Nothing about nerves, etc. Having looked through this forum I have read about nerves and I have experienced them myself, and a few worries before starting or during the course.

Is there anything other than what I've mentioned above, what do you guys think is missing in the information you found online in the lead up to starting a course or during a course?

Let me know and if I use your information I will let you know and will give credit.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I wrote something recently that gives a mature student perspective. It may be of some use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 baekadelah

Thanks so much! The article there really shows a lot that goes into "becoming" a mature student. If I can use this that'd be great, I'll obviously let you know if I do here and link to the finished piece when it's published.

No problem, you're welcome.

Are you writing an academic or news article?

Academic News article. For a new student website launching soon.

Good stuff. Feel free to use it or fire over any questions you have. I suppose the copyright belongs to the Irish Times so you should reference them if using the article. Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

Will do, thanks a million for sharing!

Advertisement