Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank

Options
  • 13-01-2017 9:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

I see Ulster Bank have failed to pay anyone their wages or pensions today.

This seems to be happening too much.

There only response is investigations underway!

Thank God I'm paid Cash in Hand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I see Ulster Bank have failed to pay anyone their wages or pensions today.

This seems to be happening too much.

There only response is investigations underway!

Thank God I'm paid Cash in Hand

If you're paid cash in hand why do you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Source?
    Or did you see it standing outside the bank looking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I can vouch ... my wages not in this morning. But no big deal.
    I see UB replying to people on Twatter with a generic "looking into it" reply. Some people are losing their sh1t over it! The whole issue not just the reply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,738 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cashless society my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cashless society my arse.

Technically some of us are cashless this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Someone will get kneecapped over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

email going round in work stating this is the case. apparently people didn't learn their lesson to move banks the last time this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

What was it last time ... they had outsourced their IT Dept to Easter Island or something ....

.... bleedin amateurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is this not a SEPA issue? I know I used to get my salary in my bank when I woke up on the morning, now we are paid using SEPA and we seem to get it any time during the morning.

Which it totes annoying, because all of my direct debits go out on payday, so my account shows a massive negative until the money goes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Is this not a SEPA issue? I know I used to get my salary in my bank when I woke up on the morning, now we are paid using SEPA and we seem to get it any time during the morning.

Which it totes annoying, because all of my direct debits go out on payday, so my account shows a massive negative until the money goes in.

Stop living paycheck to paycheck... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭cml387

We were told this morning that those (not me) banking with Ulster had issues.

Apparently the hamster that lives in their legacy computer system has caught a cold and can't be moved so they can't enter the punch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ulster (Bank) says NO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't blame people for ''losing their ****'', some people have no 'income cushion' for situations like this. I get paid by cheque which I cash at the bank, thank God.

I don't, but I certainly don't have enough in my account to cover the following months mortgage, insurance, gas and electricity, sky, mobile phones, landline school fees.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I don't blame people for ''losing their ****'', some people have no 'income cushion' for situations like this. I get paid by cheque which I cash at the bank, thank God.

Cheques will be gone by end of 2018....you'll need a new method then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Does that not mean you get charged referral fees every payday? Should just shift the DD dates by a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Why would anybody have large surplus sums lying around in their current account on an ongoing basis when it could be in a savings account or some kind of investment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I didn't think they were still around.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Cheques will be gone by end of 2018....you'll need a new method then.

Are you sure? They were saying they'd be gone ages ago...thanks for information anyway :(

• Advertisement

eeguy wrote: »
    I didn't think they were still around.

I know some people do everything electronically but some of us are nowhere near that stage. I don't even own a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Jesus, cheques are still a thing? last time I saw one was 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I also didn't get paid this morning. Devastated.

Then again I do bank with permanent TSB and get paid on the last day of the month.

I don't, but I certainly don't have enough in my account to cover the following months mortgage, insurance, gas and electricity, sky, mobile phones, landline school fees.......

Then it's the bank's fault that they didn't get paid and you will not pay any penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I know some people do everything electronically but some of us are nowhere near that stage. I don't even own a debit card.

Do you queue up every time you need money? How do you buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

landline school fees.......

How are the kids getting on in landline school?

Just get one, it will make your life a lot easier.

I don't get way some people just stick to old ways and not embrace easier methods.

Please also don't try to argue that cash and/or cheques are more convenient and secure than debit cards.

Does that not mean you get charged referral fees every payday? Should just shift the DD dates by a day?
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Then it's the bank's fault that they didn't get paid and you will not pay any penalty.

You guys may have missed my point.

Under SEPA, you get paid anytime in the morning. however, direct debits are taken out first thing, so they show on your account as a negative. If they are still in a negative at 1pm, then they bounce, but because your salary goes in before then, they clear.

However, until your salary goes in, you can't take any money out of your account, or use a card, because your balance shows a negative

(Presuming you aren't minted of course).

stimpson wrote: »
    How are the kids getting on in landline school?

it's totes amazeballs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm with TSB but my company is with UB so I haven't received my wages either. No biggie for me because I have enough money to do me about two weeks, but it's a pain in the backside

Advertisement