Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned item,seller claims not received.

Options
  • 12-01-2017 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all, I returned goods to an online seller I purchased through Amazon.co.uk on 29th Dec. They are claiming they have not received anything and are refusing to refund my account. I supplied proof of postage to them, stupidly I didn't track it only a proof of postage receipt.

Any advice on what I could do now??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have the same issue with a part I bought from Air Cooled Technology. I was sure the part they had was wrong - they were convinced it was right so I bought it.

It was wrong. I posted it back (like you, unregistered) and now of course they say they never got it.

I reckon I'm goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You can do very little other than claim off the postal service as you have proof of posting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Always pay to track returns, it's a pain but much easier to claim off your shipping than prove a parcel did arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Contact your bank and ask them to do a Chargeback and see if they will help if you don't have proof of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Berty wrote: »
    Contact your bank and ask them to do a Chargeback

and what if the item has been stolen or lost in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

I love Amazon!!! Opened a claim with them under their A-Z Guarantee Claim and received email this morning to say refund approved and my card will be credited in 5 working days!

I'm assuming they contacted seller direct and resolved it for me!

Advertisement