Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable Wall Vents for SEAI Grant

Options
  • 12-01-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm renovating a 3 bed semi-d 1930s in Dublin and have an issue I'm hoping someone can help with.

I'm applying for the SEAI grant and as part of that need to put non-mechanical vents in each room. I want to use the following vent Passivent Fresh 99h. However my insulation company is telling me that SEAI may not approve the vent as it's controlled.

Has anyone any experience with SEAI on this? I've read reg part F and can't see any reference to a controlled vent not being compliant so don't understand why they wouldn't approve.

It's bad enough that I have to put 7 6" holes in my newly insulated house (100mm dry-lined and open cell spray in attic and floor) and I really don't want a basic vent as from previous experience they just allow all manor of drafts in.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Just put cheap grilles or whatever over the holes until such time as the SEAI or the contractor have signed off on the grant. Then install humidity sensitive DCV grilles or whatever takes your fancy.
    I've put in some Aereco units and am happy with them so far.
    I got 6 for £120 + delivery from ebay UK - item no 331973030226, use parcel2go to get them collected.
    Mind you these are 100mm ones and you mention 6in so possibly yours are 125mm?

I can even hook you up with a good deal on some basic grille covers if you like :)

Advertisement